The RAF Association is established to promote, through the comradeship engendered by its members, the welfare by charitable means of all serving and former members of our Air Forces, their spouses and dependants, together with the widows and dependents of those who died whilst serving or subsequently.
Royal Airforce Assoc. has been active in Romford since 1945 and their Romford Branch has been based in Carlton Road since the early 1950’s. It is supported by a well-established social club which helps to raise funds for the association.
The current RAFA Club building was originally built in 1881 as a Town House for a Surgeon, it was called Carlton House, from which Carlton Road was named.
**COVID19 UPDATE**-19th July 2021
Following the Government’s lifting of Covid19 restrictions that were applied to the Hospitality industry (eg Pubs/Clubs/Nightclubs/Theatres etc) – The RAFA Club–Carlton Rd-Romford, are looking to slowly introduce ‘live’ music entertainment and events, back to the Club – whilst still operating a sensible Covid safe approach within the club environment. As a result, for the time being – the following operational approach will still be in place:-
- All visitors MUST sign in providing their name & contact number for Government Covid19 ‘track & trace ’purposes. – Posters are displayed throughout the premises, displaying the ‘QR Code’ for those utilising the NHS Contact Tracing app.
- Face-masks to be worn AT ALL TIMES inside the Club premises – except when seated at your designated table
- There will be a Table Service in place – please do not wait at the bar to be served – please remain at your table.
- Hand sanitation units are installed throughout the Club premises, and should be utilised frequently.
- In adherence to Health & safety standards – a process for managing attendance numbers and potential limitations will be maintained by the Club at all times.
The RAFA Club serves up extremely tasty home cooked lunches and/or other food – every Wednesday / Thursday / Friday – between 12:00 to 3pm – fully adopting a sensible Covid-Safe approach at all times.
We are pleased to announce that with effe3ct from Wednesday 19th May 2021 – the RAFA Club kitchen will re-open for its popular ‘Weekday Lunches’.
Each week we provide a varied menu, that can include old style home-cooking favourites such as:-
*Beef Stew & Dumplings
*Chicken Stew & Dumplings
*Ham, Egg & Chips
*Liver & Bacon
*Scampi & Chips & Salad
plus many more delights
Then – for dessert, you can choose from the following selection of favourites:-
*Jam Roly Poly
*Sticky Toffee Pudding
All of the above for the ridiculous cost of only £5 per dinner & £2 per dessert.
So why not pop by one lunch time and enjoy some dinner with us in a Covid-safe socially distanced environment – you certainly wont be disappointed & we’d love to see you.