The RAF Association is established to promote, through the comradeship engendered by its members, the welfare by charitable means of all serving and former members of our Air Forces, their spouses and dependants, together with the widows and dependents of those who died whilst serving or subsequently.
Royal Airforce Assoc. has been active in Romford since 1945 and their Romford Branch has been based in Carlton Road since the early 1950’s. It is supported by a well-established social club which helps to raise funds for the association.
The current RAFA Club building was originally built in 1881 as a Town House for a Surgeon, it was called Carlton House, from which Carlton Road was named.
** PLEASE NOTE**
COVID19 Pandemic Update
The Government recently announced a series of measures to take effect from Saturday 4th July to ease the current ‘lockdown’ in England.
From the 4th July 2020 pubs, clubs & restaurants in England will be allowed to re-open, but with certain restrictions and operating rules.
The RAFA Club will be bound by, not only Government guidelines, but also the rules set by the RAFA HQ.
For example – the following are just some of the operational measures that the RAFA will be in place at the Club:-
- A safe ‘pathway’ when entering and exiting the Club premises – to ensure there is no cross-over.
- A robust system for ordering and collecting drinks etc
- A process for managing attendance numbers and potential limitations
- Social distancing measures
- A process for the safe operation of toilet facilities
- A robust deep-clean process for the toilet facilities in between Club opening sessions
- The installation of hand sanitation units
- Regular sanitation of the Club’s fixtures & fittings, both internally and externally
- A process for recording the contact details of people entering the Club at any one session – for potential Covid19 ‘track & trace’ purposes
- A review of Club opening hours
- Measures to ensure safety of staff
- No ‘Live’ Music
We are sure that you will fully appreciate and agree that the safety, health and protection of our Club members, any visitors and our Staff are of paramount importance, particular those that may be in a higher risk category.
The RAFA Club serves up extremely tasty home cooked lunches every Wednesday / Thursday / Friday – between 12:00 to 2:30pm.
Each week we provide a varied menu, that can include old style home-cooking favourites such as:-
*Beef Stew & Dumplings
*Chicken Stew & Dumplings
*Ham, Egg & Chips
*Liver & Bacon
*Scampi & Chips & Salad
plus many more delights
Then – for dessert, you can choose from the following selection of favourites:-
*Jam Roly Poly
*Sticky Toffee Pudding
All of the above for the ridiculous cost of only £5 per dinner & £2 per dessert.
So why not pop by one lunch time and enjoy some dinner with us – you certainly wont be disappointed & we’d love to see you.