As at January 2020
Club Membership – Associate Members:-
£35 from 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2020 – (£12 of which will be remitted to the RAFA HQ for your 1 year association membership of “The Royal Air Forces Association” for which a separate Annual Blue Membership Card will be issued directly from the RAFA Head Office) – or – £17:50 per half year from 1st July 2020 to 31st December 2020.
Club Membership – Serving and Ex-Serving members of the Royal Air Force:-
£15 (inc VAT) for Life Members who pay an annual membership fee direct to the Royal Air Forces Association
>Membership Renewal Date – is due from 1st January 2020
>Members – will generally be entitled to free admission to Club events. Guest fees may be charged for non-Club member attendees to Club functions.
>Car Park Facilities – A 2020 car-park sticker will be issued to Club members. Any vehicles parked upon the Club premises without a 2020 car-park sticker, will be liable to a penalty charge.
>Payment of Fees – payment is accepted via Credit/Debit Card or Cheque or Cash
*Your prompt attention to the payment of 2020 membership fees, is very much appreciated.
You will already be aware that, due to the Covid19 virus pandemic, the RAFA Club in Carlton Road has been closed since 20th March 2020.
You may also be aware that the Government has recently announced a series of measures to take effect from Saturday 4th July to ease the current ‘lockdown’ in England.
From the 4th July 2020 pubs, clubs & restaurants in England will be allowed to re-open, but with certain restrictions and operating rules.
The RAFA Club will be bound by, not only Government guidelines, but also the rules set by the RAFA HQ.
For example – the following are just some of the operational measures that the RAFA will need to have in place before it can open again:-
- A safe ‘pathway’ when entering and exiting the Club premises – to ensure there is no cross-over.
- A robust system for ordering and collecting drinks etc
- A process for managing attendance numbers and potential limitations
- Social distancing measures
- A process for the safe operation of toilet facilities
- A robust deep-clean process for the toilet facilities in between Club opening sessions
- The installation of hand sanitation units
- Regular sanitation of the Club’s fixtures & fittings, both internally and externally
- A process for recording the contact details of people entering the Club at any one session – for potential Covid19 ‘track & trace’ purposes
- A review of Club opening hours
- Measures to ensure safety of staff
The operation of all these and other measures will need to be in place and thoroughly tested before a firm re-opening date can be announced.
Also, when the Club does eventually re-open, there will be no ‘live’ music or karaoke events allowed. The Government has specifically ruled on this issue.
We are sure that you will fully appreciate and agree that the safety, health and protection of our Club members, any visitors and our Staff are of paramount importance, particular those that may be in a higher risk category.
We will of course, keep you fully informed of developments, and although the RAFA experience will most definitely be different than before, we do look forward to a time when we can welcome you back again to the Club.
Please click the button below to download the membership form or it can be collected from the club any evening.
* Please note: the form needs to be completed in capital letters
Prospective members can either pay fees in the club via cash / debit card / cheque.
- There is a £2 non members fee on club nights (Wednesday & Saturday)
- The bringing in and consumption of your own food and drink (other than for strict dietary needs) is prohibited (special occasions may be considered)
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests
- Everyone will respectfully observe the National Anthem by standing during its playing and/or singing, unless prevented by disability
- Dress code within the club premises can be casual but must be smart
- Sportswear is not permitted at any time