What’s happening at the RAFA Club this week:-
**IMPORTANT NOTICE* (MARCH 2020)
FOLLOWING DIRECT ADVICE FROM THE ROYAL AIR FORCES ASSOCIATION HQ, WITH EFFECT FROM 18th MARCH 2020, AS A RESULT OF THE COVID19 VIRUS PANDEMIC – THE RAFA CLUB-ROMFORD WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE* (JUNE 2020)
You will already be aware that, due to the Covid19 virus pandemic, the RAFA Club in Carlton Road has been closed since 20th March 2020.
You may also be aware that the Government has recently announced a series of measures to take effect from Saturday 4th July to ease the current ‘lockdown’ in England.
From the 4th July 2020 pubs, clubs & restaurants in England will be allowed to re-open, but with certain restrictions and operating rules.
The RAFA Club will be bound by, not only Government guidelines, but also the rules set by the RAFA HQ.
For example – the following are just some of the operational measures that the RAFA will need to have in place before it can open again:-
- A safe ‘pathway’ when entering and exiting the Club premises – to ensure there is no cross-over.
- A robust system for ordering and collecting drinks etc
- A process for managing attendance numbers and potential limitations
- Social distancing measures
- A process for the safe operation of toilet facilities
- A robust deep-clean process for the toilet facilities in between Club opening sessions
- The installation of hand sanitation units
- Regular sanitation of the Club’s fixtures & fittings, both internally and externally
- A process for recording the contact details of people entering the Club at any one session – for potential Covid19 ‘track & trace’ purposes
- A review of Club opening hours
- Measures to ensure safety of staff
The operation of all these and other measures will need to be in place and thoroughly tested before a firm re-opening date can be announced.
Also, when the Club does eventually re-open, there will be no ‘live’ music or karaoke events allowed. The Government has specifically ruled on this issue.
We are sure that you will fully appreciate and agree that the safety, health and protection of our Club members, any visitors and our Staff are of paramount importance, particular those that may be in a higher risk category.
We will of course, keep you fully informed of developments, and although the RAFA experience will most definitely be different than before, we do look forward to a time when we can welcome you back again to the Club.
Saturday 4th January – “Ronnie Couzens”
Saturday 11th January – “Spinning Wheel”
Friday 17th January – “Gary Benjafield”
Saturday 25th January – “Frankie Dean”
Friday 31st January – “Cliff Jones”
Saturday 8th February – “Waynes World”
Saturday 15th February – “Me ‘n’ Im”
Sunday 16th February – “Debbie+Joanne” – tribute to:-‘Karen Carpenter & Eva Cassidy’
Friday 21st February – “Susie M”
Saturday 29th February – “Elf Azzard”
Saturday 7th March – “The Wanderers”
Saturday 14th March – “JukeBox Stars”
** Thursday 19th – ** RAFA Club AGM** – 8pm RAFA Club Carlton Rd. All Club-members invited to attend
Saturday 21st March – “Andy-Happy Days”
Saturday 28th March – “Two Plus One”
Saturday 4th April – “Debbie Rae”
Saturday 11th April – “Jackie & Donna”
Saturday 18th April – “Gary Benjafield”
Friday 24th April – “Kat Price”